With the new, big "cover photo" opportunities, there's a lot of room to get creative. However, Facebook has also put together some important guidelines about what can and can't be included. Here are some key things you and/or your graphic designer should keep in mind for your cover photo or image:
- The maximum cover photo/image size is 850 (w) x 315 (h) pixels
- Your profile image size (often your company logo) should be 180 x 180 pixels
- Facebook states that your cover photo is not an advertisement and cannot include price(s), offers or information such as "20% off sale this week only."
- You can't include your web address, email, or other contact info in the cover image.
- You can't ask visitors to "Like" or "Share" your page in your cover image (this includes having an arrow pointing from the cover photo to these options).
- You can't include any calls-to-action, such as "Buy now" or "Visit our website for a special offer."
Got questions? Concerns? Links to great new Timeline pages? Leave a comment!